Sunday, July 4, 2010

DAY 1


Hello, so this is day 1 of my 26 day challenge. So what have I done today… well to be honest… I have done some writing in my story, 9 Kingdoms (I do believe the name will change) and played Frontierville on facebook… oh and I have been talking in an English accent for most of the day because I am that cool.

Okay, so a quote from a friend… okay, I am going to quote Davide Quarinto when he messaged me over facebook. The first thing he said was “Yay, you’re not dead!” I then proceeded to tell him I was dead and it was my ghost talking to him, but that is another story.

The book I am going to quote is one of my favourite, if not my absolute favourite, series, The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. In Book 1, The City of Bones, Clary and Jace go to Madam Dorothea’s apartment and Jace makes a witty comment at something she had said. She turns to look at him and says, “If you were half as funny as you thought you were, my boy, you would be twice as funny as you are.” This has to be my absolute favourite quote…ever.

Something I learned… okay in book 2 of the Mortal Instrument series there is a phrase that Clary writes… Mene Mene Tekel Upharem. I don’t know what language it is, but they don’t go and say what it mean right away… being as impatient as I am I looked it up. Pretty much it is a foretelling of doom. I don’t really want to go into detail of how it originated other than it is from the bible and the phrase is also known as ‘the writing on the wall’

Alright… something profound… hm… ‘The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ‘ -Edward R. Murrow. When I heard this… it reminded me of love. Everyone else knows he loves you and yet you remain oblivious… I believe that’s how the saying goes.

(342 words not including this line.)

No comments:

Post a Comment