Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a bit of my prologue

I stared at the floor in front of me and the bodies that lay there. I hastily walked over to them, it’s not them, I told myself; I couldn't have been more wrong. My parents lay there, obviously dead. My father was over my mother, as if he was trying to shield her body with his, and a large whole went through both their abdomens, probably from a large blade of some sort. I felt my legs give out from under me as I fell beside their lifeless bodies. They were Hunters, how could one murderous demon kill two experienced Hunters, the best Hunters.
For the first time I looked up at the demon who had killed my parents. He looked more like a person that I thought he would. Except for his blue bumpy skin, white eyes, and giant triangular blades for arms, he looked so human. The monster standing before me made a deep sound at the back of his throat that may have resembled a laugh if his throat wasn't so badly damaged. Was he mocking me, my pain? As I looked more closely, I saw he was more injured than I had first realized. Besides his throat, which seemed to be cut a hundred times with a dull knife, one of his bladed arms had a crack going down it was severely chipped, but I didn’t know if it looked like that before. He also had cuts and wounds all over his body that leaked a thick black liquid. Was that his blood? I wondered.
Then the monster did something I didn’t expect, he kicked my father’s motionless body, he kicked it. I felt rage build up in my stomach and with a scream I advanced on him. After that everything was a blur, and the next thing I remember I was standing over the damned being, part of one of bladed arms in my hand and a puncture wound in the middle of its head. I was covered in black and red. I walked over to my parents, even as a shooting pain ran up my left leg telling me it was definitely broken and fell beside their lifeless bodies once more. I wrapped my arms over them and cried until I lost consciousness.
__________________________________________________________________________________

i thought i would give you a taste of my prologue of my newest story... not that i ever finish them... plus i had nothing better to post

No comments:

Post a Comment