Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer recap... 2 weeks left

so i have not really been writing this summer... and to be fair.. its because i have done a lot. Well... a lot in August. As some will know i drove down to California on the 31st of July. That night we made it as far as Portland, Oregon before taking a stop and sleeping in a hotel in Salem. Then, the next morning we drove down to San Jose (TAKING THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!) where i met my cousins Linda, Kent and their baby Kate as well as Kasey who was also staying there for a while. i did write a blog post on my time there.. that was never posted. I will try and find it and put it on here ASAP.
Anyways the next day we had a late start and we finally left and drove down to Santa Barbara.. our destination. Of course, out of all the times to get it... mother nature chose THEN to hit me... and having to explain to my grandpa why i needed to go to the store instead of staying at his house for a bit longer... AWKWARD.
Anyway, i went to see dinner for schmucks while i was there and spent a lot of time with my family (including my aunt and cousin who drove down from Vegas). It was surprisingly cold in California which was a drastic change compared to Texas...
To put it lightly... Texas was horrible for my health. I had 29 mosquito bites all up my legs and arms (and i am allergic to them so they swelled like a BALLOON), i got a black eye after a incident with a wet volleyball in the pool, and i had a bump on my head from smoking my head against the bars on a roller coaster at 6 flags. I couldn't have had more fun. I got to see ym cousin Laura and Giovanni and my Zia Vovi. The heat was disgustingly hot and almost unbearable... but when i finally came home (after losing my passport 3 hours before i had to leave San Antonio and having to unpack and repack my suitcase THREE times before finding it) i was the only one not sweating at the 33 degree weather. It was nothing compared to Texas heat... and for a while.. it was good.
I was glad to have my other brother back home (his house burned down)and it was GREAT seeing all my friends. I even met some new ones down in Cloverdale... and i love them all. Certain people stand out more than others ;)
so here i am... a week and a half after coming home and the fun inst ending yet. I am going to Jessica's in about 2 hours... so i got to get ready. Post more later.. and if i remember anything else, I'll tell you :)

1 comment:

  1. Linda Melchiori EisenbergSeptember 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

    My dear... I'm just looking at your blog for the first time in awhile. Would love to see the blog about your time with us. Can't wait until you return! We soooo loved having you with us. Love you, Cousins Linda, Kent and Kate

    ReplyDelete